Should Schools Have Homework: Pros and Cons
Everyday students have to deal with numerous homework assignments that are an essential part of every educational system. Many of them argue that it does not make sense to spend seven hours in class, and then do the same stuff at home. On the other hand, some students agree that additional tasks help them understand the material better. Either way, there are different pros and cons related to homework, which are described below.
The Pros of Homework
- Especially when students in college level education do their homework tasks, they can focus on the most important aspects of the material during school hours, participate in discussions, complete group projects, conduct experiments, and ask questions.
- Homework definitely helps students gain the skills necessary for further learning. For example, rote learning is a very effective way of memorizing simple facts and techniques, allowing everyone to study more complicated concepts in class.
- It is hard to do all the reading in class hours, so lots of homework is devoted to reading of textbooks, articles, and manuals. These assignments develop the brain’s ability to learn and remember large pieces of information.
- Teachers often lack of classroom time to explain all the details. As a result, they ask students to do some independent research at home.
- Adults believe that doing homework is necessary to instill discipline and develop the ability to work independently. Students are often too lazy to do something, and if they are forced to complete all the assignments, they will overcome this laziness and learn to achieve their goals.
The Cons of Homework
- Younger students have to absorb lots of information about the world around them through self-study, so they cannot do their homework effectively. Besides, they do not find it interesting and useful.
- Tens of various tasks require hours of work, which is why students do not have enough time to develop their talents, play sports, and communicate with peers.
- It is not surprising that studies have shown that too much homework causes stress, which has a negative effect on a student’s performance. Moreover, it causes numerous diseases and prejudices the normal development of the central nervous system.
- The amount of homework that should be assigned is being argued. Some teachers think that homework should be limited to ten minutes a day for first graders, twenty minutes for second graders, and so on.
- The youth should have enough time to rest from studying. Therefore, it is a bad idea to spend the weekend writing essays and reading endless articles.
- Kindergarten homework advice
- High school help
- Tips for doing math successfully
- Quality literature help
- Helpers for Math
- Advice on education process
- Getting reliable online math help
- Searching for math help
- Free help online
- Finding a planner template
- High School homework policy
- Quality homework help
- Avoiding fraud in help
- Free homework in Math
- Do I really need a tutor?
- Getting schedule sample
- Professional writing company
- Homework without stress
- Getting Science homework done
- Elementary School assignments
- Coping with serious troubles
- Math homework help for free
- Finding a free online math tutor
- Online help with Spanish
- Help with math homework
- Online Geometry homework
- Getting help on the web
- Dealing with disadvantages
- Using a planner
- Finding reliable answers easily
- Free Math homework help